politica sulla riservatezza
Effective: May 2018
Thank you for being a valuable member of Prologis' online audience. You are important to us, and we respect your privacy.
How We Collect Your Information
Prologis collects certain information about you, as described in the below.
Information you give us
You may provide us with information enabling the direct or indirect identification of you or other natural persons ("Personal Data") when you use the Website by explicitly providing this information to us (e.g., by contacting us through the "How to Contact Us" section below, or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise).
Personal Data may include your name, company, title, business address, electronic mail address, telephone number and other contact details.
We may also collect some information from other sources. For example, if Prologis has a business relationship with the organization that you represent, your colleagues or other business contacts may give us information about you, such as your contact details or details of your role in the relationship.
Prologis may also collect information from third party data providers or publicly available sources for anti-money-laundering, background checking and similar purposes, and to protect our business and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Information that our systems collect about you
If you exchange emails, conduct telephone conversations or other electronic communications with our staff, details of those conversations and communications, sometimes including their content, may be recorded in our information technology systems.
Some of our premises have pass protected entrances and closed circuit camera systems which may record you if you visit our premises, for security and safety purposes.
Automatic Data, Cookies and other Tracking devices
We record information about your computer and/or track your activity while you are using the Websites. For example, we may record how many times you click on a hyperlink, determine whether you visited the Websites from a particular Internet link or advertisement, or track your path through the Websites. This automatic data collection may include but may not be limited to information collected by cookies, IP addresses, log data, browser data, and transparent GIFs ("Automatic Data").
We use Automatic Data to report aggregated activity on the Website and to better understand the needs of our users so we can make informed decisions regarding the content and design of the Websites. We may also use this Automatic Data to personalize your experience on the Websites. We may also share Automatic Data with third parties. If you provide us with Personal Data, we may combine and use the Automatic Data with the Personal Data and such combined data will then be treated as Personal Data.
Some of our online content, such as advertisements, may be provided by third parties that may collect Automatic Data regarding your online activity. These third parties include, by way of example only, Google Ads and Burst Media. Information collected by third parties is subject to their own privacy policies and Prologis is not responsible for their privacy policies, practices or content.
How We Use and Share Your Personal Data
We may use and/or disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to contact you in response to your inquiries, comments and suggestions, or to contact you otherwise when necessary
- to provide you with the information and services that you request from us and to manage our relationship with you and (if relevant) the organization you represent
- to notify you about events organized by Prologis
- to ask for your participation in brief surveys
- to notify you about updates to the Websites or other services
- to track your use of the Websites for internal market research
- to improve the Websites and the products and services Prologis promotes or provides through the Websites
- to generate aggregate statistical studies
- to publish in articles, stories, collections and other publications, with your explicit consent to the extent required
- in connection with an acquisition, merger, restructuring, sale or other transfer involving all or any portion of the business associated with the Websites.
We may from time to time review information about you held in our systems – including the contents of and other information related to your email and other communications with us – for compliance and business-protection purposes as described above. This may include reviews for the purposes of disclosure of information relevant to litigation and/or reviews of records relevant to internal or external regulatory or criminal investigations.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, these reviews will be conducted in a reasonable and proportionate way and approved at an appropriate level of management. They may ultimately involve disclosure of your information to governmental agencies and litigation counterparties.
Your emails and other communications may also occasionally be accessed by persons other than the staff member with whom such communications were initially conducted for regular business management purposes (for example, when a staff member is out of the office or has left Prologis).
We will only process your Personal Data as necessary to pursue the purposes described above, and then only where we have concluded that our processing does not prejudice you or your privacy in a way that would override our legitimate interest in pursuing those purposes.
We share Personal Data with:
- Prologis' various worldwide locations
- Prologis' sub-contractors and agents
- selected third parties including analytics services and search engine providers, who assist us in the hosting, support, improvement and optimization of the Websites
- third party IT service providers, to whom we may delegate the processing of your Personal Data on our behalf
- other third parties that provide services to Prologis, such as marketing and online agencies.
We transfer Personal Data within and between Prologis' various worldwide locations in compliance with country of origin laws. We have established certain safeguards and contractual arrangements regarding sharing of Personal Data. International transfers of data between the European and the US parts of the Prologis organization are based on Standard Contractual Clauses issued by the European Commission. You may contact us to request more information about (including a copy of) these arrangements (see the “How to Contact Us” section below).
In relation to the transfer of Personal Data to third parties, Prologis establishes whether any specific data security measures need to be implemented with those third parties and implements such security measures as required.
An overview of the countries where Prologis is located can be found on www.prologis.com.
Prologis strives to retain Personal Data for no longer than is necessary for its processing purpose. The applicable retention period depends on the purpose for which Personal Data was obtained and on specific data retention obligations arising from applicable laws that may require the data to be held for a certain period of time.
We take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Prologis is committed to ensure that Personal Data can only be accessed on a "need to know" basis.
You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is 100% secure or error-free, so please consider carefully what type of information you provide to us using the Internet.
If a child has provided us with Personal Data, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us to have the information deleted from our records. To do so, please contact Prologis through the information provided below in the “How to Contact Us” section. If we become aware that a child has provided us with Personal Information without parental consent, we will take steps to remove such information.
Data Subject Rights
As an individual you have a number of rights you can exercise in relation to the Personal Data we hold about you:
- Access to your Personal Data and data portability. Where legally required, we will provide your Personal Data in an easily accessible format and assist in transferring this information to third parties
- Rectification and erasure of your Personal Data, for example if you believe that the Personal Data we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete;
- Restriction and objection to the processing of your Personal Data;
- Withdrawal of your consent for the processing of your Personal Data, to the extent that the processing of your Personal Data by us is based on your consent.
We will comply with your request if we are legally obligated to do so. Note that under certain conditions, we may not be able to or permitted to satisfy your request, for example if we are under a statutory obligation to retain or process certain Personal Data we hold about you. If that is the case, we will let you know as soon as possible.
To exercise your rights please contact Prologis through the information provided below in the “How to Contact Us” section.
How to Contact Us
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority. A list of EU data protection authorities is available here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach such authority so please contact us in the first instance.